Ok, ‘of your high-horse’, you might say - but this is relevant, seriously relevant. As a final comment on this work, its worth noting Goldacre’s position that this pharma control of data is the polar opposite of good science, and which I’d suggest also defines good practice in arts/health.
And so to new opportunities, the first of which ties neatly into last weeks exploration of just what a 21st Century Library might look like, in relationship to arts/health/community/wellbeing.
- Village shops
- Community centres
- Heritage buildings
- Digging deeper into the problems and addressing the root causes
- Exploring the changing landscape and the nature of engagement
- Renegotiating professional practice
- New forms of employment and reward.
- Organisations that can apply for funding include:
- Not-for-profits organisation
- Schools, PTAs, universities or other educational establishments
- Statutory bodies e.g. local authorities
- Social enterprises
The Fund's essential features have been successfully tested during the pilot Digital R&D Fund in 2011/12 and the learning from the pilot will continue, allowing some flexibility to the shape of the main Fund. Eight projects were successful in receiving funding; learning from those projects can be found on the Arts Council's website